Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elaine Y Li
Dr. Elaine Y Li, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Li is affiliated with Tomball Regional Medical Center, El Campo Memorial Hospital and Womans Hospital Texas. She speaks English.
Dr. Elaine Y Li has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
My experience with Dr. Li was not pleasant and it is extremely important for an anesthesiologist to make a patient feel they can trust her before putting the patient to sleep. She did not listen, nor ask pertinent questions. I informed her I had a history of getting nauseous from anesthesia and she dismissed this and said she did not need to accommodate in the solution, and she would not listen when I informed her my neck/head had to be carefully supported due to compressed disks and she ignored me; I finally and firmly told her in the surgery room in front of the doctor 'listen to me!' - what an unpleasant experience, especially when she had my life in her hands.
Dr. Li is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Elaine Y Li accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elaine Y Li is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.