Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elaine Scott MD
Dr. Elaine Scott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Natrona Heights, PA. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Scott is affiliated with Alle-Kiski Medical Center, Western Pennsylvania Hospital and A U M C-Allegheny Valley Hosp, Natrona Hts, Pa. She speaks English.
Dr. Elaine Scott has the following 3 specialties
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Elaine Scott has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elaine Scott - Posted on June 17th, 2014
Dr. Scott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
A U M C-Allegheny Valley Hosp, Natrona Hts, Pa
Allegheny Valley Hospital
33 Years Experience
University of Pittsburgh
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Elaine Scott Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Elaine Scott's office for more information.
1301 Carlisle St Natrona Heights, PA : (724) 226-7330
Locations & Directions1301 Carlisle St, Natrona Heights, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elaine Scott, MD - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in Natrona Heights, PA, in this video.
Dr. Elaine Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Natrona Heights, PA.