Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elaine H Zackai has the following 4 specialties
- Clinical Genetics (M.D.)
- Clinical Cytogenetic
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Elaine H Zackai has the following 29 expertise
- Neurofibromatosis 1
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Cognition Disorders
- Mental Retardation
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Disorders
- Eye Diseases
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Growth Disorders
- DiGeorge Syndrome
- Genetic Translocation
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Skin Abnormalities
- Developmental Disorders
- Congenital Foot Deformities
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Cleft Palate
- Webbed hands or feet (Syndactyly)
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Apert Syndrome (Acrocephalosyndactylia)
- Craniofacial Abnormalities
- Eye Abnormalities
- Brain Cancer
- Seizure Disorders
Dr. Elaine H Zackai has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elaine H Zackai is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Because we had received our genetics diagnosis in another state, this visit was to follow up and ask questions. Dr. Zackai clearly explained the scientific diagnosis and what it meant for our son medically as well as practically. Bedside manner is very straightforward and scientific, but do not expect much warmth, empathy or compassion. We could tell that, to her, our little boy was a scientific anomaly to be studied.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
50 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Elaine H Zackai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Hospital Of Philadelphia, 3401 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elaine H Zackai in this video.
Dr. Elaine H Zackai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.