Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elana R Deutsch has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Elana R Deutsch has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 23
My three visits went from bad to worse to the worst. My first visit I waited almost two hours to see the doctor. My second visit was a 5 minute, $750 annual exam. My third visit for urgent care was non-existent - all communication by phone through the receptionist. No call back from the nurse or office as promised. I waited throughout the morning, needing urgent care, so I called and the receptionist told me I needed a primary care doctor - even though I had obgyn issues and was an established patient. I had to call four more times to finally reach the nurse. The doctor was well aware of the urgency of my medical condition, but the doctor would only have the nurse call in a prescription - no exam, no phone call. Unbelievable. She is a great doctor if all you need is the $750 annual exam and a prescription refilled. Other than that I would never depend on her or her staff. I am looking for a new doctor and suggest you keep looking too. Save yourself the bad experience. Overall, the doctor seems to have no time management skills, is over-booked, and is inexperienced.
My experience with Dr. Deutsch was a bit disturbing. She did my exam and I have to say it was the roughest pelvic exam I have ever had in 30 years. While doing my exam she asked me if my bladder was full and I said no I had just emptied it. In the days following my exam I felt like I was getting a bladder infection so I called her office to see what the results were to my urine sample and was told they never did one they just threw away my urine. I had my blood work done by her office asking repeatedly for three specific items to be checked...glucose, cholesterol and a full Thyroid work up. When my blood work returned there was no Cholesterol and when I asked why they told me they do not do that. What happen to patients rights? If a person goes to a doctor and wants certain things done and they are reasonable requests what give doctors the right to just ignore them. I think doctors forget that patients are paying clients even though the insurance company pays them we are their paying the insurance companies are are the clients and should be treated as such. They also tried to charge me a $35 co-pay for a wellness visit which as of 2012 is part of Obama Care and no doctor is suppose to be charging for well visits. Would not go back to her again.
Dr. Deutsch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Elana R Deutsch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSkin Care Physicians, 10301 Hagen Ranch Rd Ste B740, Boynton Beach, FL
Dr. Elana R Deutsch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boynton Beach, FL.