Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elda M Lopez has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Psychotic Disorders
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Lacks empathy and says many inappropriate things to youngsters, like "if you don't take the pill, you are likely to commit suicide" !!! My son is petrified of her! Totally inappropriate and unprofessional. She likes to scare the patient and is totally not interested in building a rapport. She will threaten to close your case and not see you anymore if you don't do what she says!!!!!!! Awful, awful, awful!!!!
Dr, Lopez did not listen to me. She is condescending and rude. Everything I said was wrong. When I went to her office I was hopeful but then I soon realized that she had no intention of making any improvements because since I had not been hospitalized I am good enough. I left very discouraged. I have seen many psychiatrists over the years and she is the worst.
If you are looking for a drill sergeant doctor that will mail you certified letters if you report side effects from medication and is not open to dialogue or input from the patient to monitor treatment, this is the doctor for you! She may be a caring individual and a good doctor but her lack of courteous behavior, quick temper, lack of social skills and etiquette, overshadow the potential to appreciate the good qualities.
Dr. Lopez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Palmetto Health Alliance
Dr. Elda M Lopez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsElda M Lopez Md, 10631 N Kendall Dr Ste 125, Miami, FL
Dr. Elda M Lopez is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Miami, FL.