Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eleanor Martinez
Dr. Eleanor Martinez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Gatos, CA, with another office in San Jose, CA. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecology and Obstetrics. Dr. Martinez is affiliated with O'Connor Hospital - San Jose, Community Hospital of Los Gatos and El Camino Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Eleanor Martinez has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Eleanor Martinez has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Eleanor Martinez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eleanor Martinez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I started to see Dr. Martinez when I was 16...I had a UTI and had to confess to her (and my mom) that it was because I was sexually active. Mortifying as a teenager, but hilarious in hindsight. We still joke about it. After a 15 year break of seeing other doctors (only because I wasn't living in San Jose anymore), I had a terrible experience with a doctor in San Francisco regarding some unusual test results. I immediately fled back to Dr. Martinez and she talked me off the ledge. She retested everything and educated me on the results and next steps. She takes her time, sits down and asks how you're doing, explains things in great detail, and genuinely cares about her patients. Much different than the fast paced, in and out nature of big practices who only care about making a profit. While she's a straight shooter, her bedside manner is one nurture and care. I now have Kaiser, but continue to see Dr. Martinez, paying out of pocket (driving from SF for regular check ups). She astute intuition also discovered my mom's breast cancer, which was in the glands and not a lump. If it wasn't for her early detection, things could have turned out a lot worse. I can't recommend her enough.
Dr. Martinez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
O'Connor Hospital - San Jose
Community Hospital of Los Gatos
El Camino Hospital
Mission Oaks Hospital
El Camino Hospital of Los Gatos
37 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Eleanor Martinez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Gatos, CA.