Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy MD
Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Huntersville, NC, with other offices in Charlotte, NC and Charlotte, NC . She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Mccurdy is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center Pineville. She speaks English.
Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy has 3 locations
16455 Statesville Rd Ste 480
Huntersville, NC 28078
6324 Fairview Rd Ste 201
Charlotte, NC 28210
Book Online Now
Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy has the following 18 expertise
- Gestational Diabetes
- Prenatal Care
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy - Posted on February 11th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy - Posted on July 10th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy - Posted on June 18th, 2015
Dr McCurdy is a competent, pleasant physician. She spent quality time with me explaining procedures. The office is poorly run and not patient care centered. I had a number of experiences where I was told one thing on the phone by the ancillary staff and the reality was totally different. In one instance I was told I could not be seen by a Midwife because Medicare did not reimburse the Midwives. She refused to make me an appointment. The manager told that was incorrect. I could have been seen. Also if you make an appointment but would like to be seen earlier. They will not call you if there's a cancellation. "They don't do that." You would need to call every day yourself to see if there is a cancellation.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy - Posted on April 25th, 2014
I really, really enjoyed seeing Dr. McCurdy. I transferred to her after having a terrible experience with my old gynecologist. She took a lot of time to answer all my questions and concerns and I didn't feel rushed, even though I know I am not a top priority patient as I am not pregnant, just in need of gynecological treatment. I would highly recommend her and would imagine that she would be a wonderful doctor to help through a pregnancy.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy - Posted on January 1st, 2014
Throughout entire pregnancy dr. McCurdy rushed me through my appointments and never took time to answer any questions. One appointment was even told by her to keep my questions to a minimum because she was busy that day! This was after she had me sitting and waiting to be seen by her for 45 mins after my scheduled appt. time. Aren't I paying to see her throughout my pregnancy in order to answer my medical questions and ensure that I am healthy for my unborn child??? Do not recommend her to any first time moms. She's so rude!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mccurdy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy
Dr. McCurdy's interests include adolescent gynecology, obstetrics, menopausal medicine and minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Eleanor M Mccurdy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Huntersville, NC.