Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eleanor H Yoon has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Eleanor H Yoon has the following 14 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Dr. Eleanor H Yoon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Yoon delivered both of my children. I couldn't be happier with her and would and have recommended her to my friends and co-workers. For a doctors visit that is not the most comfortable situation for one to be in, she is focused, and quick, and honestly makes you comfortable. I will continue having her be my OBGYN.
I had my first child with Dr. Yoon in 2001. At the time she was with Ballas and Constantini in Westminster, MD and was one of 3 doctors in the practice. She recommended induction without any signs of health concerns or complications from being past due, and once I was in labor she broke my water and forced me to stay on the fetal monitor constantly, which caused me to have to stay in bed for almost 12 hours. I was not able to move or change position until she coerced me into having an epidural because she said it would help me relax so my labor would progress. Instead it stalled the induction almost totally. She then called me on the room phone to tell me that she couldn't let me labor any longer because it was taking too long (12 hours) and she would have to perform a Cesarean, still with no signs of complications other than being forced to lie prone for hours on end. She told me having a Cesarean is nothing to be ashamed of, she herself had had 3 (she's a tiny framed little woman and I'm almost 6 feet tall!). She made me feel that if I declined any harm that it caused my child would be my fault, which scared me, and I agreed. When I later reviewed my medical records I found absolutely no evidence that would make a Cesarean necessary. I have since delivered 3 more babies vaginally and still feel traumatized after that first birth experience. Unless her attitude toward allowing a woman to give birth naturally has changed, don't go to her if you don't want to be intimidated and pressured into unnecessary procedures!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Yoon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Medical University Of South Carolina
Dr. Eleanor H Yoon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNova Group For Women, 8501 Arlington Blvd Ste 300, Fairfax, VA
Dr. Eleanor H Yoon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.