Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elena T Rehl has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
My experience was difficult & abrupt. Patience is something she needs to work on very strongly. Bedside manners was absolutely obnoxious & irritable. When dealing with any patient it is imperative to be considerate & kind in their individual time of need. Quality of care (not quantity of care) is the most vital aspect for a patient. Ensuring that their individual lives are the #1 priority (1 patient at a time) is not a compromise, but of the upmost importance!
I was referred to doctor Rehl for Fibrocystic breast. I went to her NP and was to follow up a couple of months later. It was a complete waste of time. Her attitude was out of control. She seemed very agitated that I would come to her because she was a "SURGEON" and didnt handle those kinds of things. Her NP should have told me that and saved me a days pay, my 40.00 copay and whatever else she gets from my insurance company. I certainly understand why she went into surgery because her bedside manners are not up to par. Very arrogant.
Dr.Rehl is genuinely concerned about her patients. She took time to explain things to my husband and me and made me feel confident that I had made the right choice in doctor. The front desk older lady was a little short with me but once I got in it was well worth it. I would recommend her to all my friends.
Tripler Army Medical Center
Dr. Elena T Rehl accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMemorial University Medical Center, 4700 Waters Ave, Savannah, GA
Dr. Elena T Rehl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Savannah, GA.