Dr. Elena Barnes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elena Barnes?

See two different doctor's

Posted on November 10th, 2016

Was just diagnosed with Lupus and Fibromyalgia. Receptionist told me Dr. Barnes would treat me for Lupus but she was not seeing anyone new for Fibromyalgia and that I would have to find another doctor for that. Why on earth would I go to 2 different doctors?? Needless to say, I won't be going to Dr. Barnes.

Excellent Doctor & Bad Office staff

Posted on October 4th, 2016

It is so sad that sometimes good doctors' qualification and experience are often diminished by bad office managements. Dr. Barnes is an excellent and compassionate doctor, a great diagnostician, but the stuff working in her office is unfriendly, disorganized and even rude. The manager of the office is never available for talks either.

Posted on January 15th, 2016

Dr Barnes is a great Dr.

Posted on July 23rd, 2015

Simply the best!

Veterinary medicine would have been a better choice

Posted on July 6th, 2015

Felt so comfortable for a year and a half, until I started chemo and needed something as simple as FMLA paperwork done since I was missing a week of work at a time in between each treatment. My mother had to come down (8 hours away) to help me with my boys. Asking her to do my FMLA paperwork was hard but my mothers was pulling teeth. She left me a kind note on the forms stating that this is all she will do and not to ask for anymore. Rude???? Yes I know! I asked her to fill out a continuous leave because my mom can't drive 8 hours every weekend. I can do intermittent because my job is local. She needed 2 months continuous. I was told Dr. Barnes will not and does not do continuous FMLA forms. Now I'm forced to quit my treatment because my mother has to go back to work. It actually was helping but oh well. I understand she's a doctor, but she can't pinpoint my flare ups and recovery times. She doesn't know what living in constant pain is and still trying to work in healthcare picking up my patients. I'm not getting paid for FMLA, its job security. Such a sad day for me because bedside manner is out the door. I don't like calling her office because its always an attitude. They act as if they're volunteering their time. Maybe she should have been a veterinarian. Walk a day in a lupus patient with RA's shoes, raise 2 young kids alone and work with hospice patients everyday & then try and tell me you can predict the amount of days I need off for a flare. I guess she's a psychic as well.... 2 days every 60 days is bull****. My last treatment put me out for 10 days. My rant is over, not wasting anymore of my barely there energy.

Life Saver

Posted on May 21st, 2014

I can only assume the people here who are upset that Dr. Barnes had to try more than one treatment are accustomed to witch doctors with crystal balls. Any doctor has to assess our symptoms, labs, complaints, and progress and decide what treatment may work best. Since all medicine works different on all people, of course there are going to be times where the first option isn't the one that works best. Expecting Dr. Barnes to be able to know which treatment will definitely work with our specific bodies, with our likely complicated medical history, on the first attempt, is ludicrous. Dr. Barnes has been my doctor since 2011, when I was diagnosed with RA and SLE. Other conditions have shown up since then, and Dr. Barnes handles them all in stride. I credit her with no less than my continued ability to write and create art with my hands, which were in danger of becoming monster claws. Dr. Barnes always listens to all of my worries and questions, and explains everything fully, even when it falls under the umbrella of a different doctor. She treats me as a person, not just a disease with a chart and a mouth. I would recommend Dr. Barnes to anyone. She is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, and has a staff that stands up to her example. I trust her completely. High five, Dr. Barnes.

Office staff is not customer focused

Posted on February 10th, 2014

Does not currently accept new patients for FM or similar muscle complaints. Office staff is not customer focused.

Outstanding Arthritis physcian

Posted on June 27th, 2013

I have had a lot of doctors, procedures, surgeries and by far Dr. Barnes is THE BEST Doctor I have ever had. From her bedside manner to her knowledge of my illness's ( and believe me my problems are challenging sometimes) (RA and PSA, degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia-which is tricky to diagnose as it acts similar to arthritis pain in muscles/ligaments/nerves) to even finding help financially when times were so tough (laid off both husb and I) she found a way for the pharmaceuticals to help me receive the I.V. therapy I cannot live without. Dr. Barnes went Above and beyond to help me. I am grateful to have a Doc who feels like a friend who truly cares and loves her patients, she takes her time with you, explains everything so I completely understand what I'm going through from the start of it, the possible complications, and what we may or may not have to do if certain things occur. I always feel I leave educated on what is happening to my body and why. And her treatment plan has never faltered I've been seeing Dr. Barnes since she began her practice here. I had to leave my old Doc after he retired & at the time was devastated, he had taken care of me for 20+yrs. Dr. Barnes came very highly recommended by him, and she is also from Shands Medical Center. So I knew I would be in good hands and I was and still am! She is the most caring, honest and helpful Doc I have ever had and wish she could be my PCP as well. My mom wrote a letter to her once telling her she is an angel on earth and thanked her for her CARE in all ways both professional and from her heart. Her knowledge and how to treat my conditions have always been spot on. I can truly say I love my doctor.

Posted on June 18th, 2013

Very professional and caring. Takes the time to explain in detail. Is very up to date with latest procedures and looks at overall medical record to ensure providing best treatment possible. Highly recommend her if you need a Rheumatologist.

Wrong diagnosis!!!

Posted on May 28th, 2013

The office is great I started going here before she (Dr Barnes) came on and prior physician was great and also treated my mother for years. He retired and Dr Barnes took me on as her patient. At the time I was only borderline positive for Lupus (my mother also having Lupus). She is very sweet and has a great bedside manner. As time went on my symptoms got worse. She treated me with Lupus related drugs but nothing was working. My pain was increasing and I was no longer able to work full-time. She then tried me on RA medication. I continued to get worse and my primary dr said I needed a 2nd opinion. After getting 2 other opinions I was diagnosed by the other physicians with Fibromyalgia. After being medicated for that I can now live a normal life again. However I fear what all the long-term effects of all the RA medications she had me on might be. I have developed non-cancerous nodules in different locations of my body since all of that. Please make sure she gives you an accurate diagnosis and don't take drugs "just to try and see if it helps".

Pedro Pichardo Said,She is an Angel

Posted on October 2nd, 2012

Dr.Elena Barnes is the Best Dr.in the Stae of.Florida,very professional,compaction,caring and very good on Her job,she is just an Angel.

DR. Barnes is the Best Dr.in the State of Fla. very Professional and very Humanitarian, She is the best Dr. She is and Angel

Posted on September 26th, 2012