Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elena Fishman has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Elena Fishman has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Elena Fishman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elena Fishman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Couple of things that made me unhappy with Dr. Fishman and makes me want to switch:1. As a new mother, my confidence level is low. When I ask her questions, I get the sense that my concerns are brushed aside as silly or unimportant. She always seems impatient and hurried. Her voice and body language convey that I am wasting her time.2. Her nurse incorrectly measured my baby head circumference and after addressing the problem with her, she was dismissive and said that a centimeter is such a small difference. That may be true, but it decreases my confidence in the nurse, and the doctor's. Yes, my child was measured again, but my confidence in Dr. Fishman's judgement is damaged! It's not the numbers but accuracy and getting the job done right13. After getting other doctors in the office, I noticed how patient and informative they are, by drawing pictures about my child's anatomy so I can understand better. Fully reviewing past visits and medications, thoughtful answers to my questions. 4. During an office visit, another doctor informed me that my child needs to see a specialist for a continuing problem. He stated, "If she was my patient, I would have referred her already." That says it all!Considering in the last two years, I have made over 25 visits to doctor's offices and about 80% of them are with Dr. Fishman, I think I am pretty fair about giving her chances and I am now done!
As a first-time parent, I am sure I could try the patience of any physician with my endless questions and concerns. Dr. Fishman is always happy to put my fears to rest. She is caring, competent, matter-of-fact (in a very good way), and very professional. She is very flexible on vaccination schedules, breastfeeding vs. formula feeding, sleep training--basically all the controversial parenthood topics that have come up for us so far. You do have to speak up with her--she doesn't like to waste time and won't just hang around the exam room for a visit, but as long as you're comfortable being proactive about voicing your questions and concerns, she'll be a great fit. The way the office works is great--they can always get you in, including on the weekends, but you might have to see a different doctor on short notice.
26 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of California San Diego
Dr. Elena Fishman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Primary Care Medical Group, 12395 El Camino Real Ste 219, San Diego, CA
Dr. Elena Fishman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.