Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elena Mandel has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Mandel has been in our family for over thirty years. She is a wonderful, caring, and a excellent pediatric physician. When my daughter was hospitalized twenty seven years ago, she saved my daughters life by taking the extra step of requesting more tests. Because of her, my daughter is alive today. If your looking for an experience and exceptional physician, she would be the one I would recommend.
Dr. Mandel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Maimonides Medical Center
New York Methodist Hospital
Beth Israel Medical Center
Mt Sinai Hospital
St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Beth Israel Med Ctr, New York, Ny
- Carol Davila University Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Elena Mandel accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsElena Mandel MD, 1565 52nd St, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Elena Mandel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.