Dr. Elena Maria M Buruiana Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elena Maria M Buruiana?

Excellent physician and human being.

Had to beg for her to call me back

I went to Dr. Buruiana for several years and I was happy with her for routine checkups, etc. This changed when my husband and I started trying to conceive. Not only did the doctor give me bad advice (the infertility specialists I went to later refuted her advice), I had a very hard time getting her to call me back about a blood test that I was worried about. I had to call the office every day for a week and practically beg for her to call me back. This started on a Friday afternoon when the doctor left me a voicemail about my test results being a little bit off. Basically for someone who is trying to get pregnant, it was bad news. I could not call her back on Friday because the office closes early on Fridays, and she was out of the office on Monday. I had to spend the whole weekend worrying about my test result. On Monday I called the office to ask if I could come in and pick up my report the next day and if I could ask the doctor some questions about it. The receptionist (I believe her name is Cecilia) basically snapped at me that the doctor would not have time to talk to me and that I should make an appointment if I want to speak with her. I was taken aback at first, and then I realized that she thought I wanted to speak to the doctor in person. I clarified that I just wanted the doctor to call me. So it was a misunderstanding, but still not very nice to snap at me. On Tuesday I came to the office, saw the doctor briefly, and she told me herself she would call me after 6 pm. I wait until 6 pm, and no call. I tried calling the office and got their answering service. On Wednesday morning I called the office again, and this time Cecilia told me that the doctor was not in the office and that she would call me the next day. On Thursday morning I called again and was told the same thing. Throughout this, not one time did Cecilia or anyone apologize for keeping me hanging. Instead, I was made to feel like I was being a nuisance for repeatedly calling the office. Finally on Friday morning I was told that the doctor was in the office and would call me after 3 pm. I waited until 3, and then called the office and reached the answering service once again. They informed me that the doctor had left the office at 1 pm! I ranted to the nice ladies at the answering service who told me they could page the doctor. Amazingly enough, the doctor did finally call me after they paged her at home. This was honestly an extremely frustrating experience and I do not want to be treated like that again. I will be looking for a different OB/GYN.

Great Doctor

Dr. Buruiana is fantastic. Very nice and professional. The wait can be long to get in.

Her kindness is an act

I use to go to her, put up with her inefficient and rude staff. I use to call up to ask is she running on time so I don't waste my time waiting for her, did that and still ended up waiting over an hour and then was told there was a very important patient ahead of me which was why there was a delay. I guess her other patients are not important. She recommended a surgeon who botched the job and left me in pain and her response was she couldn't help me. This surgeon ruined my life and she is probably still recommending this screw-up and telling all her patients how all her patients love him!

The Best Ever

The best care and understanding of being a women.Had two Dr. 's before finding her.Found her at Kelp.Diamond in the ruff.Feel like I've known her forever.Learned soooo much from Dr. Buruiana

Best GYN visit!

I haven't had a better GYN visit than this in all my years getting checked up! I recommend her!

If your time is valuable, don't do it..

Dr. Buruiana is an excellent physician... IF you get to actually see her! They almost always call to reschedule and no matter what she is always behind in her schedule, so you will have to wait about 1.5 hrs. Then when you do see her, yes, she is quite nice, but the whole event is rushed because she is behind. So yes, the office is nice and she is quite nice herself and classy, BUT unless you have nothing better to do than wait around then I oblige you go elsewhere. It's really not worth it. It actually reminds me of those fancy velvet-rope clubs I used to go to.. Yes, very nice inside, but is it worth the wait? I think not. There are plenty of nice doctors in Manhattan.

Poor impression

So I visited the Dr. As a new patient, and to make a long story short, not only did she not listen attentively but re-prescribed the same med I had been given by my previous doc, which had not worked, as I had clearly told her. I even brought it to the office to show her! Also, I had her "emergency paged" and she never returned my call! When I repeatedly asked her staff to have her call me back, she never did-and when I demanded to speak to her at that exact minute I was told she was on vacation! Enough is enough!

Absolute BEST OB, GYN I have ever had!!

Dr. Elena Buruiana office is clean and her staff is courtious and professional is always. Her services are fantastic, she has a sweet snd gentle demeanor that makes you feel calm and comfortable. She is extremely thorough and follows-up with her patients like I have never experienced before. She is very informative on women's health, she does not make you feel like she is running a factory, she ensures that when you leaave her office you have been given an absoulte clear diagnosis/treatment, etc. I have higly recommended Dr. Buruiana to all of my family members and friends.