Dr. Elena Ratner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elena Ratner?

Posted on March 16th, 2016

Dr. Ratner is amazing.

Best surgeon ever!

Posted on July 21st, 2015

Dr. Ratner was the best! It was recommended that I have a hysterectomy because of pre-cancer cells present. Having already decided that my husband and I were done having children it was a no brainier! Dr. Ratner explained everything to me through the whole process. I went into surgery anticipating 5 incisions (I chose to have the laparoscopic robotic surgery for faster recovery time), when I saw my 4 incisions I was shocked how she could get my uterus out of incisions so small! It's been 10 months since my surgery and I'm feeling great! I would recommend her to everyone!

Horrible "bedside manner" and inaccurate diagnosis - traumatizing!

Posted on May 11th, 2015

I was referred to Dr Ratner by my normal Ob/gyn as a 2nd opinion. Dr Ratner was unprofessional with terrible bedside manner. First, I waited in the exam room for 15-20 minutes before seeing a doctor. Before the doctor came in the room, I could hear her chatting with the nurses outside the door about other patients. During my exam, she told me I had a life-threatening disease as if I had already known - when I was completely shocked she said "oh, um.....well we'll run a test and let you know the results, but that's what I'm seeing". She then told me their office would reach out within a week with my results and her recommendations. Also, the bathroom in the facility was not working - toilet would not flush which is kind of important sanitation for an ob/gyn facility. I never heard about my results and her recommendations for next steps - I had to call the office over 2 weeks later asking for a follow up. That's when they told me the tests came back NEGATIVE for the diagnosis Dr Ratner had confidently given me during the exam and told me everything was fine. The next I heard from them was a bill for an extremely high amount for my appointment. When I called the office in shock of the sticker amount, they realized they forgot to submit my claim through the insurance on file and had billed me for the full amount. I also filed feedback similar to the above (with more personal details) I will not be going back to Dr Ratner and will discourage friends and family from seeing her as well.

Posted on September 17th, 2014

Dr. Ratner is a gift!she is an extraordinary physician, researcher and human being. It has been my good fortune to have her as my healer!

MSW

Posted on August 28th, 2013

The menopause clinic run by Dr Ratner and Dr Minkin was the end of a long journey for me that encompassed the services of doctors from a spectrum of services including chiropractic and acupuncture, naturopaths, and ob/gyns. The clinic makes you feel like you are the only patient they have. They take the time to get to know you and answer all your questions. For me it was literally the answer to my prayers and provided me with answers and solutions that I had given up hope that I was going to find. I had suffered for years from intense menopause symptoms and I believe I am now going to be able to resume having quality of life.

Posted on October 2nd, 2012

Dr. Ratner literaly saved my life. I had a very complicated fibroid the size of a basketball, it turned out to be benign. She was kind and most of all she always had positive outlook. I recommend her highly and can't say enough about her surgical skills, bedside manner and her as a person. It's amazing when you meet someone who is doing what they are gifted at.

The best

Posted on July 10th, 2012

Dr Ratner was professional, caring, and very thorough as she explained the results of my tests and biopsy and the diagnosis. She was determined to get a better reading of the biopsy (this was a second opinion); her diagnosis after the reexamination of the biopsy matched the results of the surgery I had the following day. She gave up her lunch break between surgeries to see my husband and I. She never rushed us and answered questions completely. We had no "connections," but we were treated as if we were family.

VERY DISATISFIED

Posted on December 27th, 2011

MY DOCTOR WAS TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF HER AND SHE NEVER EVEN RETURNED ANY OF THE CALLS I DONT RECCOMEND AT ALL

Posted on September 2nd, 2011

Very delightful personality...very efficient...interested in me and made me feel at ease

best doctor ever!

Posted on February 3rd, 2011

Dr Ratner has a real gift - a great dr and great person

Posted on September 21st, 2010

I was terrified to have to get an endometrial biopsy today and was also very upset that I had to switch drs when I lost my old health insurance. I had a long-standing relationship with a wonderful gynecologist in NY. But I could not have been happier with Dr Ratner, who took the time to get to know me and talk about what we were going to do today before we did it. She was also sensitive enough to know when we had to stop - that the pain was getting to be too much - and move on to schedule the D&C. I feel very fortunate that mine was a seamless transition, from my dear Dr Lisa Dabney in NYC to Dr Elena Ratner. Because of her kindness, I am not even afraid to have the D&C next wk. I know I am in good hands. Smilow and Yale are lucky to have her.As for the wait, gosh I would hardly complain. Half an hour is nothing compared to NY, and they even apologized for that.Also, fyi - there is free (and very good) coffee in the waiting area!

Posted on November 6th, 2017