Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elena F Robinson has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 5 of 13
So incredibly rude, does not respect the patient, makes no attempt to listen to the patient when trying to describe their health concerns - told me my seizures were non existent and that it was all in my head (no pun intended). Went to a different Neuro with a much better patient history and found out it was sub category of epilepsy...AVOID THIS DOCTOR
My time working with Dr. Robinson has been a nightmare. My initial appointment with her lasted 20 minutes where she repeatedly told me I was uneducated about my headaches and proceeded to tell me I never should have had a surgery . She did not take any patient history, just continued to lecture me about the four different types of headaches. I really wanted to be able to listen to her and learn from her experience, but her belittling approach and lack of professionalism made it very difficult to hear her messages. Since that appointment I have been following up with her staff on a weekly basis for the last five months in hopes to have the proper paperwork submitted for my care. I have been denied approval for the treatment she suggested due to lack of medical history, which she neglected to take. Her staff is unprofessional, rude and cannot seems to get their act together unless I call regularly to remind them of the steps they need to take so I can receive care. As someone who has lived with a chronic headache for the last 15 years I was hoping Dr. Robinson could help me find a treatment to manage my pain. I now know that she is not the doctor that will help me in my process and I hope no other patient has to be belittled in her office!
I took my wife who was injured in a bus accident and suffered brain injury. Her bedside manner was atrocious, it was a 'wham bam' appointment. Hardly asked enough questions to have even tried to make a diagnosis. How fast can a person say "transfer my file please"... She is not getting good reviews in Seattle. Maybe we expect higher standards here.
20 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Elena F Robinson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of W Ms Center, 1536 N 115th St Ste 330, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elena F Robinson in this video.
Dr. Elena F Robinson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.