Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elena Z Sarmiento has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 4 of 4
This doctor wrote untrue statements in my medical records. At no time did I threaten to harm myself or anyone else. All she would do is ask me over and over again "and how does that make you feel?" I have been to a legitimate psychiatrist before and he did not sit there and ask me the same stupid question over and over. And when she asked me how I was I told her I was p/o because I didn't belong in there in the first place! I wasn't threatening to harm myself or anyone else which is the whole point of the Baker Act. And telling my mom that someone hacked into my satellite through my insecure router is not me thinking the tv is talking to me!!! Also, my abusive husband had been threatening to have me committed, breaking into the house he no longer lived in, and stalking me by asking my daughter where we were all the time!
This Doctor has no bedside manner whatsoever, makes fun of clients, is very rude and it sickens me that this woman is still practicing, Above the survey asks questions with star ratings and I gave none for any of them, she makes clients feel very uncomfortable and uneasy and downgrades them and laughs, it is horrendous and sad that someone like this is in psychiatry, a field where compassion and understanding are a must, she lacks any of it and I'm quite shocked that her license has not yet been revoked, I wouldn't recommend her to anyone, she causes more harm than good. It asked that I put a star rating on one of the questions, so I had to but she does not even get one in my opinion along with other people who have opinions on this woman who prides herself as a doctor,she is very judgemental and emotionally and verbally abusive towards clients.
16 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Elena Z Sarmiento accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLee Memorial Health System, 12550 New Brittany Blvd Ste 201, Fort Myers, FL
Dr. Elena Z Sarmiento is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.