Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Elena L Vezza
Dr. Elena L Vezza, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY, with another office in Bronx, NY. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vezza is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Dr. Vezza has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Elena L Vezza has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elena L Vezza has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
Dr. Elena L Vezza has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elena L Vezza is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 14
Doctor Elena Vezza has been my internist and cardiologist for over 27 years. That alone should be enough of a rating. She is very knowledgeable and is an excellent doctor. She is very well educated and good at finding out the root of your ailment(s). She is pleasant, kind and makes you feel very relaxed. She does not rush and takes all the time you need to talk to and answer any questions you have. She recommends specialists if needed who are just as good as her and gives a good course of action to cure and control the problem. Heart disease runs very high in my family and I feel very secure to be in her hands. I recommend her 100%.
The office is old, dirty looking and very disorganized. While a lot of the improvements are out of Dr. Vezza's control, such as new windows, new doors, paint job and new floors, a lot of things can be corrected by her. New furniture, tables and chairs in the waiting area. New blinds or shades. Overall cleanliness and neatness must be corrected. Too many papers, boxes of coffee, piles and piles of junk. The office does not reflect the type of doctor she is or her abilities and skills. The decor needs improvement, decoration and a good cleaning and reorganization. I wish that Dr. Vezza could find a better location. If not, work with what you have and make it shine!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Vezza is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Universita Campus Biomedico Di Romas
Graduated in 1983
New York Medical College
Dr. Elena L Vezza accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elena L Vezza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.