Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eleni V Dimaraki has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
Showing 5 of 5
My appointment with Dr. Eleni Dimaraki was a waste of time. She knew nothing more about the thyroid than I did. When I shared my concerns and symptoms, she stared at me blankly and said, "Oh, I hope you feel better". She spent less than 3 min with me and gave me no information about my condition or evidence that she cared one iota about anything I said. I understand that people make mistakes and perhaps she had a bad day, so I called the office manager, Maurine Howell, to request a refund for my appointment. I did not want to pay $250+ for an appointment that was not what I asked for. I felt they were dishonest and that I should not be required to pay for the appointment. The doctor was supposed to be a specialist and help with my specific disease but she didn't know anything and didn't provide any value, so it was a dishonest representation of her abilities. Maurine Howell refused to acknowledge that they were responsible for anything. Her ridiculous response had something to do with the insurance requiring her to charge me to the full extent of their services just because that's how it is. This issue has nothing to do with insurance. I requested a service and I was NOT provided that service, so I should not have to pay. Maurine has refused to respond to my request any further which shows that the most important thing to her is that her office gets paid and she does not care about actually serving the patients that attend the University of Michigan Dept of Metabolism, Edocrinology & Diabetes.
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Eleni V Dimaraki accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Eleni V Dimaraki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.