Dr. Eleni Kosmas Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Eleni Kosmas?

Posted on May 23rd, 2016

She is a great doctor. Our entire family could not be more happy with her.

Cold hearted and uncaring.

Posted on March 1st, 2016

Before getting sick, I had been a nurse for 30 years. I went to her because I wanted a doctor close to home and also a female. The first visit was your standard intial greeting. With a very minimal physical exam. Now, mind you, at this point I have been sick for two years and referred to one specialist after another, hundreds of dollars in copays and thousands in bills due to incorrect billing codes (icd 10) My husband and I left the appointment, hopeful that this doctor would be different. I have vertigo 24/7 as well as nausea, fainting, muscle cramping, memory loss, history of losing conciousness. It is not easy to get appointments at the places she told me to go to. Sometimes taking 3 or more months. I cannot make appointments sometimes as I cannot drive and my husband cannot keep taking time off from work. By the time I could get an appointment at the referred specialists, the authorization from my insurance had expired, leaving hefty bills to pay. Dr Kosmas ordered me to collect all my medical records for her office from specialists I had seen. Seeing as I had been to so many, I could not remember when, where, or who most of the time. That task had always been for the doctors staff to complete. Then, she tells me to set up appointments for myself in the Cleveland Clinic. With who? For what? How? Again, doctors office should do that. Now, I see her personality change to impatient and uncaring. I went in for a follow up on an infection in my leg that had sent me to urgent care. Dr Kosmas enters the room, asks a few questions, and says she doesn't want to be my doctor anymore because I haven't gathered the records or gone to Cleveland! I ask if she can just remain being my doctor for my routine things. She says no. Then, I look into her eyes and see a blank, cold-hearted stare. She did not care. If you are looking for a genuine, compassionate, understanding doctor, she is not the one. She is only good at suggesting referrals. And, if you cry out of frustration or fatigue, she will tell you to take a pill and go to psychiatry. The other staff at family medical on route 31 are lovely. I've never met the office manager but if they allow their doctors to do this, maybe the whole practice should be suspect. We never treated patients this way where I worked. We would simply let the patient see another physician within the practice. I asked her. Nope. Find a doctor with heart. This one doesn't have one.

Rude

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

Absolute worst doctor I've ever seen very rude woman I will not be returning.

Bully

Posted on August 29th, 2015

She is rude and threatening. Refuses to answer questions and seems to not know where specific internal organs are located. Referred to my female body parts as my gynecologist's "territory" - she did use that word. Is a bully if she thinks she can get away with it. Unfortunately, the other doctors and office staff are allowing her to act this way with impunity.

Posted on August 26th, 2015

Dr Kosmas has been my doctor for well over 10 years now. She's amazing. Never had a bad experience. Always felt very welcomed and comfortable discussing any situation with her.

Great doctor

Posted on August 11th, 2013

Dr. Kosmas is an excellent doctor. She always takes the time to listen.

She should be sued.

Posted on October 26th, 2012

My wife went to St. Joseph's Hospital where apparently Dr Kosmas was a resident. She misdiaganosed my wife's condition, who by the way was pregnant at the time. They drew labs and gave my wife a preliminary diagnosis before the lab results. Dr Kosmas stated to my wife that I was cheating on her and gave her a venereal disease. She also threatened my wife and told her that she had to watch my wife take the pills and that if she didnt take them she was going to call the police. My wife took the medication and threw them up later. It was later discovered that my wife had a UTI and not a venereal disease. This happened 10 years ago and I am STILL upset over it. I am writing a letter to her and her medical director now that I found out where she is working. I think she may discriminate against people of certain backgrounds and races.

Posted on July 31st, 2012

She does not want to make a diagnois always sending you to a specialist or for many tests. Does not answer questions regarding your condition.

LOVE her

Posted on June 22nd, 2010

I have been with Dr. Kosmas since 2007. Her first visit with me was during a bad outbreak of shingles. She was very caring, helpful, and attentive to my issues.If I run into her out of the office, she asks about my family and how everything has been since our last visit. I love going to her, and I am very glad I made the switch.The person who said that she judges you based on your looks and past is incorrect. I don't have the best past, and I don't exactly have traditional looks, but she is very kind and caring with me. GREAT doctor. I am hoping the staff at the new office is a little better. I like the girls at the taft office, but I am hoping the new ones are more attentive at times.

Posted on May 19th, 2010

This doctor is very rude and she judges you on your looks and your past. She missed dx a family member and had this person a mess for 3 months till we found out she was very wrong. Please don't waste your time with her. She should of never gone into medical.

drive by doctor

Posted on January 2nd, 2010

In my dealings with Dr Kosmas she seems to be afraid to make any diagnosis of your aliment either send you for x-ray or keeps you guessing.Also when she check's your nose ear and throat she wave it right by you that why I call her the drive by doctor....

Caring Doc, crappy staff

Posted on June 29th, 2009

I have been with this parctice for many years now, and have been transferred to several physicians as the practice has evolved. I have to say that Dr. Kosmas has been the best yet...very thorough in her review of my chart and updating H&P, She was pragmatic in her treatment plan, and took the time to explain the differences between several options and medications (side-effects, cost etc.). Once I got through to a receptionist, I was able to get an appointment very quickly. The office staff was rather unattentive - I asked about my co-pay, and they said I was all set, only to get a bill for said co-pay a few days later. No big deal - only $10 - but I would have rather paid it while I was there rather than after the fact. In the past I have also had trouble getting a referral to a specialist without a visit with the doc....who then said, " I don't know why the staff didn't just set up the referral since I was seen at a local urgent care as the ijury was on a holiday weekend. Oh well...you're there to see the doctor, not the office staff,right?