Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eli R Cianciolo
Dr. Eli R Cianciolo, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Cianciolo is affiliated with St Elizabeth Medical Center South. Dr. Cianciolo has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Eli R Cianciolo has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Percutaneous Diskectomy
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Herniated Disc
- Compression Fractures
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Chronic Pain
Showing 5 of 16
I went for initial visit for low back and leg pain. His nurse took a good deal of time with me getting my history and explaining things to me, then he spent time with me as well to go over things. I have had 3 steroid epiduals 1mo apart and my leg pain is now about gone. I am continuing to see him regarding further tx for arthritis in my back.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Cianciolo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Eli R Cianciolo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRiverhills Neuroscience, 4805 Montgomery Rd Ste 410, Cincinnati, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eli R Cianciolo in this video.
Dr. Eli R Cianciolo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.