Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elias P Bonaros Jr
Dr. Elias P Bonaros Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Bonaros is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital and MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. Dr. Bonaros has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Elias P Bonaros Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Bonaros is a fabulous doctor. You know he knows what he's talking about but mainly, his bedside manner is wonderful. He is funny and kind. He feels like a friend. When I was in the hospital for a serious complication of a surgery, he came to see me and made me feel so much better. You feel like you're in great hands. I love Dr. B.
My Husband has been under the care of Dr. Bonaros since his heart attack in 2004. Dr. Bonaros is an excellent diagnostician as well as a very caring and patient physician. He has an excellent bedside manner and takes his time with his patients. We travel all the way from Brooklyn to see him and we wouldn't dream of ever seeing another cardiologist. He's the absolute best!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Bonaros is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1998
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Elias P Bonaros Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Consultants, 3003 New Hyde Park Rd Ste 411, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elias P Bonaros Jr in this video.
Dr. Elias P Bonaros Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.