Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elias F Lara Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
I have nothing but praise for Dr.Lara. He was timely,professional and sweet to my young son. The facility was clean and we were seen in a timely manner. He was easy to talk to and made my boy feel comfortable and safe. I've visited many physicians in my time and after that particular visit,I myself became a patient of his. Moreover,being in law enforcement,it's essential to have a doctor I can trust. Couldn't recommend him more.
My daughter hurt her foot so we took her to see Dr. Lara. She was a returning patient. We did not make a appt. we just walked in. There was no one in the waiting room and only one patient in the back. The nurse took us back to the room with 2 min. and with in 5 min. the doc walked in and asked me Why I had to be seen today and not yesterday or tomorrow? That he was backed up and didnt really have time for us. But he would see her anyways cause we already paid for our co-pay. Then he leaves the room to see a patient that walked in after us. When he came back he of course asked why we were there. We told him that she had hurt her foot again. ( she had gotten a cut on her foot about 9 months before). So he proceded to to my 10 yr daughter that feet are very delicate and if she kept hurting it that it would cause her all these other problems and eventually she will be grumpy 30 yr, addicted to pain pills and other drugs and be a criminal. I highly do not recommend this doc.
Dr. Lara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Elias F Lara Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medical Center Sw, 7001 Granbury Rd, Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Elias F Lara Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.