Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elia Kassab
Dr. Elia Kassab, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kassab is affiliated with NYU Lutheran Medical Center. Dr. Kassab has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Elia Kassab has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Diabetes, Type 2
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I found dr kassbar to be very knowledgable and professional. I have Graves' disease. I wasn't feeling so great. He asked a lot of questions, went over my medical history. Great dr patient communication..he is sending for some tests and I will continue to see him. Great dr, I completely trust his professionally.
I waited a very long time (90 min.)to see this doctor. When I saw him, he was cold, no bed side manner at all. He doesn't know what the word patient or patience means. He gave me his personal opinion about things I never asked (like I was his friend). I left his office very upset. I will never recommend this doctor to anyone. He needs to retire!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kassab is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Elia Kassab accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsElia Kassab Endocrinology, 8303 4th Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Elia Kassab is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.