Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elina Burstyn
Dr. Elina Burstyn, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Latham, NY. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Burstyn is affiliated with Ellis Hospital and Bellevue Woman's Care Center. Dr. Burstyn has received 5 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Elina Burstyn has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 120
I cannot even tell you how severely disappointed I am in the "Manager" (who never even told us his name) of Dr. Burstyn's office (her husband). We never even were seen by Dr. Burstyn so I cannot tell you anything about that because we were refused care because of a form we would not sign. The form indicates that even if it is an INN network provider, if some ambiguous amount of time goes by and they do not get paid--they can BALANCE BILL YOU. Which is not allowed for INN providers-EVER. So not only should the form never be an issue, the fact that he tried to get us to sign it in order to be see is asinine. The fact that nobody reads what they are signing these days is even MORE DISTURBING. NEEDLESS TO SAY, THE FIRST IMPRESSION WAS TERRIBLE. WE WILL NOT BE GOING BACK. PEOPLE SHOULD BE MORE AWARE AND NOT IGNORANT OF THE THINGS THEY ARE SIGNING. THEY SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ALLOWED TO HAVE PATIENTS SIGN THAT FORM EITHER.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2010, 2016, 2011, 2015, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2010, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Burstyn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1999
New York Medical College
Dr. Elina Burstyn accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCapital Region Ob Gyn, 711 Troy Schenectady Rd Ste 205, Latham, NY
Dr. Elina Burstyn is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Latham, NY.