Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Eliot M Horowitz
Dr. Eliot M Horowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Mesa, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Horowitz is affiliated with Summerlin Medical Center, Valley Hospital Medical Center and St Rose Dominican Hospital Rose De Lima Cmps. He speaks English.
Dr. Eliot M Horowitz has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Eliot M Horowitz has the following 8 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
Dr. Eliot M Horowitz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I was seen by Dr. Horowitz. I found him to be arrogant, condescending and abrupt. After waiting approximately 45 minutes, Dr. Horowitz talked with me for about 1 minute and left the treatment room saying nothing to me. Finally I asked an employee walking by where the Dr. Was? "He is seeing other patients." I said," He didn't 't order tests, give a diagnosis or prescription. He just walked out." I waited in the hallway and had to talk with him in front of other patients and staff. It was embarrassing! He just said to make another appointment! What? My friend was seen by Dr. Horowitz several times, diagnosed with prostate cancer. My friend was getting prescriptions but not getting better. The friend saw another Dr. and the Dr. said he did NOT have prostate cancer. My friend has been given a different prescription and is doing well!
- Over 2 hr wait time- Very condescending. Kept correcting my grammar when I was describing my condition, and kept rolling his eyes- Touched my private parts without washing hands or using gloves- Was yelling at a nurse who had to take my blood sample. The nurse was so distraught that she was shaking, and I ended up having a big bruise on my arm for my blood draw.
Dr. Horowitz diagnosed me with Bladder Cancer and then handed me a pamphlet about cancer and left the room without saying anything, came back 20 minutes later to tell me I needed surgery only to say he was "not" performing surgery at this time and shuffled me off to his partner. This made me very suspicious and found according to this website he is NOT board certified. His diagnosis was incorrect by the way.
i went to him years ago. the procedure he did on me was unnecessary and a failure. then after that more and more mistakes were made. i have met 3 people who felt he jumped the gun and was too quick to do surgery. i would not recommend this doctor to anyone. please if you have him as a doctor get a second opinion.
Dr. Horowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1980
Swedish Medical Center
Dr. Eliot M Horowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsUrology Specialty Associates, 8851 Center Dr Ste 501, La Mesa, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eliot M Horowitz, MD - Urology in La Mesa, CA, in this video.
Dr. Eliot M Horowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.