Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elisabeth C Bergman has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elisabeth C Bergman has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Elisabeth C Bergman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
Dr Bergman does not follow through after an appointment. I was put on 3 different medications and none of them worked. I also asked about the cost of a prescription and then read in the Care plan in the portal " that I refused to use brand name medications." I encourage you to read your Care plan in the portal very carefully. I would have left Dr. Bergman for a second opinion a long time ago if I had read my Care plan. The office staff is terrible- they won't send a lab slip until you call more than once. Do yourself a favor and find a doctor who can take time with you.
Dr. Bergman has taken care of my husband and myself for over 7 years. I tend to be a doubting Thomas and believe in going to the source, so I talked to nurses in local hospitals, I asked them whom they would recommend and without a pause they said Dr. Bergman. Nurses always know the inside scoop on who's who in the hospital. I have the highest respect for Dr. Bergman and her staff. She has always taken time to talk to us and discuss our concerns. As with all offices sometimes there are good days and bad days, but I've never had a bad experience on my visit.
I cannot believe what I am reading in some of these reviews! I have been a patient of Dr. Bergman's for many years & she has ALWAYS been a wonderful, very kind, great bedside manner physician to me! Yes, I see Theresa every other time I go & she has always been very knowledgeable, helpful, wonderful PA! The staff has changed, but they have all been very personable & helpful.
I made an appointment to see Dr. Bergman.I did see her for like 5 minutes. After that I could not talk to her when I called. Her nurse practitioner then took over. This practitioner thinks she is the doctor. She was telling me what I needed and didn't need.The Dr. needs to get her under control.My Blue Cross pays for a doctor and not some wanna be. Teresa is like the waiting watchdog who will not let you get to the Dr. I intend to see another Dr.This one is out of touch with her patients.
Dr. Bergman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Elisabeth C Bergman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
Locations & DirectionsNorth Hills Endocrine Associates, 11676 Perry Hwy Ste 1308, Wexford, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elisabeth C Bergman in this video.
Dr. Elisabeth C Bergman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wexford, PA.