Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elisabeth W Horowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elisabeth W Horowitz has the following 12 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 7
We credit Dr. Horowitz with saving my husband's life. After other doctors had ignored him she diagnosed a rare tumor in his neck and made inroads with a surgeon in Massachusetts to have it removed. She really knows her stuff. However, on the bad side, she needs to boot some of her office staff. I later wanted to see her myself because of suspected thyroid issues, and since my TSH was still technically in the "normal" range (but steadily climbing every month) they refused to schedule an appointment for me and were extremely RUDE on the phone. Another doc finally diagnosed me with Hashimoto's disease, and it had gone untreated for so long it started to damage my heart muscle. My husband later mentioned this to Dr. Horowitz and she agreed to see me, but I wouldn't step foot in the same room with those horrible women if this were the last doctor's office on earth. If you need to see her, you'd better tell the staff you have a disease or abnormal labs or SOMETHING whether you really do or not, just to get past the Endocrinology Gestapo to get an appt!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Elisabeth W Horowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
Locations & DirectionsElisabeth W Horowitz Md, 2301 E Evesham Rd Ste 402, Voorhees, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elisabeth W Horowitz in this video.
Dr. Elisabeth W Horowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Voorhees, NJ.