Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elise S Brown
Dr. Elise S Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Palomar Medical Center and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Brown has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Elise S Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I can overlook the cold demeanor if she is good at what she does. As long as she knows what she is doing she doesn't have to be my friend. She is suppose to do a major surgery and what I'm concerned about is her skills. Is there anyone out there that has experienced any surgery procedure with Dr Brown?
Started off listening to her talk on the phone for 30 min (she was placing an order, shopping online, apparently) while i was patiently waiting in the next room. I came in for birth control. Left empty handed, called several times for follow up and she never returned my calls. I was having some vaginal-strangeness a few weeks later, called a dozen more times only to hear "oh yeah, you have an infection according to your test results. Sorry, someone shoulda called you weeks ago". Really?! Ended up going to planned parenthood. She also billed me for a 'follow up visit' that never took place. Pretty awful experience.
I had two appointments at this office. Dr. Brown is knowledgeable, energetic and very confident. She answered my questions and provided useful information. However, I ultimately have chosen to seek another ob/gyn provider. The office staff appeared disorganized, scheduled me for the wrong appointment time, and the office wait was over 30 minutes for both appointments. Once in the exam room I did not feel rushed by Dr. Brown. I asked some questions about natural birth but I was left with doubts about gaining her complete support for a natural, med-free birth. I also felt that she was somewhat condescending and was not able to gauge her communication to my level of comprehension. I believe communication should flow naturally between patient and ob/gyn and this just wasn't the case here.
Dr. Brown is not a warm fuzzy kind of Dr. if you want a OBGYN that will take the time to know you & understand what brought you there this is NOT the right Doctor for you. Whether its a pregnancy, annual work-up or general concern. Waits are normal and 45 mins+ can be expected. The team there does not seem happy but a bit forced. The front desk team also chit chat and pass the time commenting on calls, talking about their personal lives. Not professional. The office itself is older and in need of repair whether it be a coat of paint or a really good scrub on the bathroom floor (you can tell it only gets cleaned in one area). But in general the Dr. did not make me feel comfortable, valued or listened to.
Dr. Brown is very efficient and professional, but there is something disconcerting about her and her office staff. You can tell that she has her ways and she likes to stick to them as best as she can. I didn't see her until after I had been in labor for about 16 hours. She spoke to me over the phone or through nurses, but did not actually come to see me until she guilted me into a c-section. I think she prefers doing c-sections, honestly. She told me that once I had a c-section I would always have c-sections which is not actually true based on the latest research. She has a cold, professional demeanor...
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Elise S Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlvarado Womens Group, 6719 Alvarado Rd Ste 302, San Diego, CA
Dr. Elise S Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.