Dr. Elise S Brown Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Elise S Brown?

Surgery Patient

I can overlook the cold demeanor if she is good at what she does. As long as she knows what she is doing she doesn't have to be my friend. She is suppose to do a major surgery and what I'm concerned about is her skills. Is there anyone out there that has experienced any surgery procedure with Dr Brown?

Awful

Started off listening to her talk on the phone for 30 min (she was placing an order, shopping online, apparently) while i was patiently waiting in the next room. I came in for birth control. Left empty handed, called several times for follow up and she never returned my calls. I was having some vaginal-strangeness a few weeks later, called a dozen more times only to hear "oh yeah, you have an infection according to your test results. Sorry, someone shoulda called you weeks ago". Really?! Ended up going to planned parenthood. She also billed me for a 'follow up visit' that never took place. Pretty awful experience.

Ultimately, I've chosen another provider

I had two appointments at this office. Dr. Brown is knowledgeable, energetic and very confident. She answered my questions and provided useful information. However, I ultimately have chosen to seek another ob/gyn provider. The office staff appeared disorganized, scheduled me for the wrong appointment time, and the office wait was over 30 minutes for both appointments. Once in the exam room I did not feel rushed by Dr. Brown. I asked some questions about natural birth but I was left with doubts about gaining her complete support for a natural, med-free birth. I also felt that she was somewhat condescending and was not able to gauge her communication to my level of comprehension. I believe communication should flow naturally between patient and ob/gyn and this just wasn't the case here.

Dr. Brown is not a warm fuzzy kind of Dr. if you want a OBGYN that will take the time to know you & understand what brought you there this is NOT the right Doctor for you. Whether its a pregnancy, annual work-up or general concern. Waits are normal and 45 mins+ can be expected. The team there does not seem happy but a bit forced. The front desk team also chit chat and pass the time commenting on calls, talking about their personal lives. Not professional. The office itself is older and in need of repair whether it be a coat of paint or a really good scrub on the bathroom floor (you can tell it only gets cleaned in one area). But in general the Dr. did not make me feel comfortable, valued or listened to.

Professional but cold....

Dr. Brown is very efficient and professional, but there is something disconcerting about her and her office staff. You can tell that she has her ways and she likes to stick to them as best as she can. I didn't see her until after I had been in labor for about 16 hours. She spoke to me over the phone or through nurses, but did not actually come to see me until she guilted me into a c-section. I think she prefers doing c-sections, honestly. She told me that once I had a c-section I would always have c-sections which is not actually true based on the latest research. She has a cold, professional demeanor...

Excellent Doctor!!

My overall experience with the doctor and staff is satisfaction!! She is courteous, caring, and atentive!! Her staff is also caring and have great customer service skills. I would recommend her to my friends.

Very happy patient :)

I'm really shocked and surprised of the comment titled "I don't recommend this doctor" This does not sound like the same physician I have in control of my OB care. I recently had to switch insurance companies which meant I had to leave my long time OBGYN if i wanted my insurance to cover any of my visits. I was recommended by a colleague to give Dr. Brown a try. I have to agree I was not very happy at first with the amount of time I had to wait once checked in. Although once I was able to see Dr. Brown I could see why the wait was well worth it. I never felt rushed or did I feel that she was not understanding or incompetent. She was able to help with some past history issues my last OBGYN was unable to resolve. I went from losing a wonderful long time physician to gaining an even more wonderful one. Of all physicians an OBGYN is most important to feel comfortable and confident with. I am glad that I had found this site after wanting to share my great experience. Had I read that comment prior to my visit I may have missed out on a great physician. I personally would recommend Dr. Brown to anyone who values a great physician.

I don't recommend this doctor

I went in to get my very first prenatal visit with Dr. Brown, and I was very excited about it.While I was waiting I overheard the receptionist saying that when she doesn't feel like talking to people she puts them on hold, which is very rude.Anyway, I went on to my appointment and everything was looking fine until Dr. Brown started the ultrasound, she told me it was not a normal pregnancy, that the baby didn't form the way it was supposed to, there was no heartbeat, and that in a couple a weeks my body was going to reject it and I was going to pass it.After that I had to wait three and a half weeks to see her again because she went on vacation. All this time I thought I was carrying a dead fetus.I went in the second time to see why I haven't misscarried, and as she started the ultrasound she said "oh, there it is, everything is ok now" I was very confused since she told me I was going to have a miscarriage, after that I became concern, I was trying to explain to Dr. Brown why I was concern and she just kept saying "don't worry about it" before I even finished my sentence. So I felt unheard.During those three and a half weeks I was in a very deep depression because I was waiting to "pass" my baby, as Dr. Brown said I would, she never told me to keep taking care of myself or the keep taking my prenatal vitamins.I don't trust Dr. Brown anymore, I never went back to see her, and I went to another Dr. to have a second opinion.I am 15 weeks pregnant now and my baby is healthy.

The wait time is much too long when you have a scheduled appointment planned. Usually, I would have to wait 45 minutes to one hour. This is due to her being very popular and overscheduled? The office phone ladies are polite and will help you get appointments before or after your work schedule which was a positive for me as I didn't need to miss work. Also, Doctor Brown is very friendly and knowledgeable. She accurately does diagnosis and treatment. When you have your annual or follow up exams, Dr. Brown explains every step of the way about what is happening. Dr. Brown also spends time with patients to get all their questions answered especially regarding birth control, surgeries, and treatment options. Howevevr, she needs to improve in phone calls ordering/scheduling tests. Perhaps, taking care of things herself like making sure that the patient clearly understands the scheduling process of tests needed out of the office, instead of assuming these will be clearly communicated by merely a pamphlet or her medical assistant.

Would never go to her again

riduculous wait

After waiting the the lobby for more than an hour, I was put in an exam room. dr. Brown was talking on the phone for another 15 minutes on personal calls while I sat waiting some more!