The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elissa J Lunder has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I went through five dermatologists because they were odd, condescending and ALWAYS made me wait at least 30 minutes (some over an hour) when I arrived for my appointments. I have been seeing Dr. Lunder for about five years and she is great. Always polite and professional...a bit rushed at times, but thorough. The staff has always been pleasant and helpful. I would strongly recommend her practice.
Would never return to this practice or see this MD again! Rude and cold bedside manner. Ripped the johnny off of me and spent 5 minutes total with me during my visit. When I asked her questions about my skin she informed me that the "nurse" would answer my questions. After the visit she did not send in a nurse like she said she would, she sent in a sales rep to push products and medical procedures on me. Worst experience at a medical office in my life and I work as a RN. I can not stress enough how bad my whole experience there was. I was put into a dirty room and then moved into the hall way to wait for a clean room. The office staff was beyond disrespectful.
I will not return to Dr. Lunder. Upon entering the room she did not introduce herself and spent more time looking at my Tory Burch handbag than on the entire screening. I went for a skin cancer screening expecting to have a full body screening, instead I had to ask Dr. Lunder to examine cetain areas. I sincerely feel Elissa is more interested in facials than delivering medical evaluations. The staff were inpatient and appeared annoyed with questions that should be routine. The receptionist put her hand up in frustration when I told her I forgot my medical insurance card. Overall I would not recommend this practice.
I have seen Dr. Lunder for years for annual skin checks. While she is brusque, she is thorough. Any biopsy is sent to a dermatopathologist, which is important to me. She identified an absolutely average looking mole as one that needed further attention and she was correct. You have to wait for an appointment but I feel it is worthwhile. I recommend her.
21 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Elissa J Lunder accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Partners Inc, 65 Walnut St Ste 480, Wellesley Hills, MA
Dr. Elissa J Lunder is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wellesley Hills, MA.