Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Elizabeth A Abel has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Elizabeth A Abel has the following 11 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Sezary Syndrome
- Photosensitivity Disorders
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Contact Dermatitis
- Exfoliative Dermatitis
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Diseases
Elizabeth A Abel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 4
Dr. Able is decent. I gave her my previous records, and she did actually read the whole thing, and I'm impressed. However the management of the office is terrible. I was prescribed Ziana, but CVS refused to fill it due to pre-authorization requirement from insurance. The office refused to do so, and a tiresome sh*t storm starts. It's been a month, and I haven't got my medicine and neither she or her staff wrote me an alternative medicine. I called the office at least 10 times over 2 weeks, and 9 out of 10 went to voice mail (the other 1 time, some nurse answered, promised to write something else but never did). All the voice mails I left got ignored because I didn't got called back at all. It is simply impossible to contact the office. I decided to give up and change doctor. No matter how good the doctor is (I think she is ok, not exceptional like my last, so I can definitely find better), what's good if I can't reach her?
I have had quite positive experiences with Dr. Abel. I have seen her a couples times and find her always patient and right to the mark to solve the skin problems. Of course I had tried to push my case first, but she was always willing to listen and go extra distance sometimes to meet my need at those appointments.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Elizabeth A Abel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
More about Elizabeth A Abel
After 18 years of solo practice, nationally-recognized dermatologist Dr. Elizabeth Abel is "excited to bring her practice to California Skin Institute of Mountain View". She "shares the dedication to excellence in dermatology care and looks forward to collaborating with CSI physicians and offering CSI’s advanced technology to her patients."
Locations & DirectionsCalifornia Skin Institute, 525 South Dr Ste 115, Mountain View, CA
Take a minute to learn about Elizabeth A Abel - Dermatology in Mountain View, CA, in this video.
Elizabeth A Abel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mountain View, CA.