Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins MD
Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lawrenceville, GA. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Atkins is affiliated with Emory University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins - Posted on September 23rd, 2018
Pessimistic, negative, does not have the patient's best interest at heart
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins - Posted on August 19th, 2016
My family and I were NOT AT ALL happy with Dr. Atkins service at Gwinnet Medical Center. She was more focused on getting my family member OUT rather than doing her job and getting my family member better. She was overly pessimistic and negative; and she genuinely did not have my family member's best interest at heart. I did more research on this doctor and found that her track record and popularity is very low with patients and other employees at the hospital. I 100% SEE WHY! Ask for a new hospitalist immediately if you get this gloom and doom person. She is NOT recommended.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins - Posted on April 3rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins - Posted on February 15th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins - Posted on October 29th, 2013
Dr. Atkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins Accepts the Following Insurance
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins
I believe physicians and patients learn from each other. Developing mutual trust, understanding and respect is a key to providing quality care to hospitalized patients. My goal is preventing and treating illness with a balanced approach while they are hospitalized. I earned my doctorate in medicine from West Virginia University School of Medicine in Morgantown and completed my residency and internship at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA.
Locations & DirectionsGWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER, 1000 Medical Center Blvd, Lawrenceville, GA
Dr. Elizabeth L Atkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.