Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth H Binney has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Elizabeth H Binney has the following 8 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Binge Eating Disorder
Dr. Elizabeth H Binney has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elizabeth H Binney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr Binney is a very nice doctor, however, she can only be a pediatrician for normal babies. Just checking weight and feedings. When it comes to diseases or babies with abnormalities, her diagnosis was very poor. Although I kept mentioning my baby's symptoms, she failed to make any diagnosis and disregarded all these symptoms as baby's fussiness. Although my baby's symptoms were like a textbook's symptoms of reflux which is pretty common among babies and needs intervention. When I suggested that she might have reflux, she said it doesn't come in this age (3 weeks)!! Reflux is typical between 2-4 weeks when it starts to show!! Then when she was sure it is reflux after I tried so HARD to convince her and took videos of my baby's symptoms, she was so reluctant to start treatment although it is again very typical for babies to be treated when they have symptoms as my baby's. When I saw a GI specialist, he was so surprised she did not do anything about my baby's suffering. In addition, she did not trust my instinct or my observations (despite the videos) and was insinuating that it might be my problem (psychological or incompetence)..She didn't believe me except after a visiting nurse came to my home and reported same observations. Then she was so arrogant to admit she was wrong. She was intimidating and she gave me a terrible time till I switched practice. I would not recommend her AT ALL!!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1991
Childrens National Medical Center
Dr. Elizabeth H Binney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLongwood Pediatrics, 319 Longwood Ave Ste 4, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth H Binney in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth H Binney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.