Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth M Board has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Elizabeth M Board has the following 8 expertise
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Dr. Elizabeth M Board is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
As a result of being thoroughly evaluated and inspired by Dr. Board and the staff at Atlanta Functional Medicine, my health has improved dramatically. Even my friends and family members have seen the difference! I'm looking forward to more vitality and I have hope for a future WITHOUT chronic disease.
As an osteopathic physician myself, pain relief had to come from either musculoskeletal manipulation or a medication. Acupuncture was never a consideration. I have a history of alcohol and drug use that prevents me from ever using narcotic medications every again unless it was an emergency. I had was suffering from severe neck and back pain to the point where I had considered using medications again but Dr. Board offered me an alternative. Her acupuncture and trigger point injections worked wonders for me and she may have even saved both my life and sobriety. I can't thank her enough.
While no a patient of Dr. Board myself, I have to say thank you Dr. Board for giving me additional years with my best friend, my wife. My wife was diabetic and a daily insulin user, but following the recommendations of Dr. Board my wife became insulin free, and classified "non diabetic" by her primary care physician. My wife said her office visit with Dr. Board was of the most pleasant she ever had, and if she did not live out of state she would visit on a regular basis. Thank you Dr. Board and your staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Board is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAtlanta Functional Medicine, 5755 N Point Pkwy Ste 74, Alpharetta, GA
Dr. Elizabeth M Board is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.