Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth Buchert
Dr. Elizabeth Buchert, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. She has 8 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Obstetrics. Dr. Buchert is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center - Bluebonnet and Womans Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth Buchert has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pelvic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I can honestly say that she takes time to listen to her patients. In my experience, with other doctors, I was treated as if I were just another patient. She takes an interest in what I have to say and is compassionate. I feel very comfortable with her and can tell her anything. I highly recommend Dr. Buchert and have sent her many patients.
Dr. Buchert is the reason I consider my pregnancy and Labor & Delivery a positive memory! I have Type 1 diabetes which required additional visits and close monitoring, all of which was pleasant thanks to this amazing lady! When a test result came back with some nerve wracking numbers she called me herself to discuss them and explain in detail what it meant. On her day off no less! She even let me call her back in a panic that afternoon! When I was in labor Dr. Buchert made herself available to me in ways I had never expected. Doctor's don't HAVE to provide the attention and emotional support that she does, and I feel very lucky that I chose her to bring my son into the world. I often that I hear from my other new- mommy friends just how jealous they are of my positive experience!
I recently had my baby girl with Dr. Buchert! My labor was so long and there were some problems. I was really scared I was going to have to have a c-section. But Dr. Buchert was so encouraging and kept trying different things to help me. I finally was able to have her naturally! I'm going to miss my regular visits with her that I had throughout the pregnancy. They were more like talking with a friend than visiting a doctor. She really cares about you as a person and new mom. She helped me decide to breast feed my baby and I'm so, so happy that I am!!! I would recommend her to all my friends and family.
Dr. Buchert is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baton Rouge General Medical Center - Bluebonnet
8 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Elizabeth Buchert accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions500 Rue De La Vie St, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Elizabeth Buchert is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.