The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth E Campbell has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
Dr. Elizabeth E Campbell has the following 7 expertise
- Cancerous Tumor
- Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
Dr. Elizabeth E Campbell has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
My appointment with Dr. Campbell was at 8:00am. At 8:45, my husband watched her walk in with her coat on, having just arrived to work. She proceeded to see the patient across the hall first, finally arriving in my exam room an hour late, with no apology. She abruptly handed me the test results I had been waiting for, and asked if I had any questions, not bothering to take any time to explain the test results. When I asked questions regarding potential side effects of chemo, she quickly informed me that there was a chemo class for all of my questions. She did not want to be bothered with questions at all. I too chose to find a more caring, considerate, compassionate doctor, Dr. Mark Graham, who even my doctor speaks extremely highly of.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Elizabeth E Campbell accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
Locations & DirectionsDuke Raleigh Cancer Center, 3404 Wake Forest Rd Ste 202, Raleigh, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth E Campbell in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth E Campbell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.