Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Elizabeth Cruz has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elizabeth Cruz has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 30
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth Cruz - Posted on December 24th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth Cruz - Posted on October 23rd, 2015
Doctor or Brand?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth Cruz - Posted on September 22nd, 2015
From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you'll constantly be questioning if you are visiting a doctor or a name brand. It starts with the tshirts and "swag", escalates to a full blown commercial for the doctors supplements that you're required to watch and wraps up with a request to subscribe to their podcast. If you haven't been swayed, they send in the closer to tell you more about the doctors seminars and other add ons that you can pay for at the door. Although one of the friendliest staffs I've encountered, I can't help but feel I'm at a time share seminar with out the added perk of a free incentive for sitting through it.
Would NOT recommend
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth Cruz - Posted on August 13th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth Cruz - Posted on March 29th, 2013
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Cruz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Elizabeth Cruz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDIGESTIVE HEALTHCARE ASSOCIATES LLC, 4110 N 108th Ave Ste 105, Phoenix, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth Cruz, MD - Gastroenterology in Phoenix, AZ, in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth Cruz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.