Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth Eapen
Dr. Elizabeth Eapen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Edgewater, NJ, with another office in West New York, NJ. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Cytopathology and Pathology. Dr. Eapen is affiliated with St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, Vassar Brothers Medical Center and Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth Eapen has the following 2 specialties
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Elizabeth Eapen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Eapen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Beth Israel Medical Center - Herbert & Neil Singer Division
Good Samaritan Hospital
Orange Regional Medical Center Goshen
St. John's Riverside Hospital
St Francis Hospital
Bellevue Hospital Center
Westchester Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Beth Israel Medical Center
St. Luke`s-Roosevelt Hospital Center - Roosevelt Division
Beth Israel Medical CenterHerbert & Nell Singer Division New York, Manhattan Borough
Beth Israel Medical CenterPetrie Campus New York, Manhattan Borough
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital CenterRoosevelt Hospital Division New York, Manhattan Borough
19 Years Experience
University of Kerala Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth Eapen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edgewater, NJ.