More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth Ferrara has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Elizabeth Ferrara has the following 7 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
Dr. Elizabeth Ferrara has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Not only did she make a same day appt after talking with my son's primary physician because of health concerns of my son's kidneys, she also communicated to his primary physician very timely and regularly. She has gone over every aspect of my son's health condition and has made it very clear to me what each step we were taking involved and explained the reasoning behind each test/procedure.I would have no other doctor assisting me with my son's condition. I am very pleased with her practices and have never had an issue with her beside manner/medical practices or care.
Dr. Ferrara treated my son over several years for a rare genetic disease. She was rude, overbearing and arrogant to the point of ignoring other doctor's advice and my own. My son fell into a coma as a direct result of HER orders and needed to be medivaced to a level four tertiary hospital. He was hospitalized for several weeks because of her. We almost lost him. To this day, I feel certain she would never admit any wrong doing. I would travel to a different county before I would let her touch any of my children, ever.
23 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Naval Medical Center San Diego
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNaval Medical Center San Diego - Balboa, 34800 Bob Wilson Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Elizabeth Ferrara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.