Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth P Gawey has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Gawey is not a good doctor. She had me on antibiotics for acne for many years and never explained the negative effects they can have on your health if on them for an extended period of time. She only offers quick solutions (drugs) to treat symptoms and does not offer other holistic approaches to skin problem, particularly acne. She never spent more than 8 minutes with me and always seemed rushed. She also overcharges for small cosmetic procedures like chemical peels and wart removal. If your going to spend the money, invest in another doctor.
I had an appointment for a certain day and the office called and made me reschedule because the doctor was not coming in that day. If I did not take that day they offered I would have had to wait three more months. Once I finally had an appointment and arrived on time, I sat in the waiting room for over 50 minutes. Then I was put in a patient room to wait even longer. Definitely unprofessional and not worth it.
I scheduled an appointment for right after lunch and had to knock 15 minutes past 1 for them to unlock the door to the waiting room, then wait another half hour to be seen. I have an hour drive to get to this doctor's office and still had to come in for separate appointments that could easily have been combined, which also cost me an additional copay. The doctor is falsely cheery, impersonal, afraid of eye contact. I will not be back.
29 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Elizabeth P Gawey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsElizabeth Parro Gawey Md, 3435 NW 56th St Ste 500, Oklahoma City, OK
Dr. Elizabeth P Gawey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.