Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth A Hawruk has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Hawruk is one of the kindest, caring doctors I have ever met. She takes the time to listen to her patients and really is concerned for their well being. I never feel like I am being rushed or hurried out of the office and she has really helped with the pain I have been experiencing. I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of a rheumatologist or internist.
I was a patient of Dr. Hawruk and when I first went to her office, I was toxic from so much prednisone injections given to me by another doctor. She immediately showed me such compassion and understanding and said she would help me immediately. Well, she did and I was her patient for many years. I just admire her so much because she is not only a great doctor, but a wonderful woman as well, with much to give her patients by way of sympathy, compassion and empathy. I have moved to another State but have yet to find a doctor of her caliber.. Its been 8 years, and I think of her often and how much she cared and how much I felt cared for. Just love her!!
Dr. Hawruk was my rheumatologist for many years until I moved from NJ. I've been gone for 11 years now and have not found a doctor who has her compassion and understanding. She always spent the time needed with me and always understood what I needed. I highly recomend her to anyone needing a rheumatologist in the NJ area. You will not find a better rheumatologist anywhere. If my insurance would cover it I'd fly up to see her every three months so that I could follow up and again receive the care from this amazing doctor.
Saint Michaels Medical Center
Dr. Elizabeth A Hawruk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Jersey Center Arthritis, 45 Carey Ave Ste 250, Butler, NJ
Dr. Elizabeth A Hawruk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Butler, NJ.