Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Elizabeth W Hazel has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Elizabeth W Hazel has the following 12 expertise
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Elizabeth W Hazel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elizabeth W Hazel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I am 37 weeks pregnant, and have had the opportunity to see Dr. Hazel along with other doctors during my pregnancy. I have been stuck with her the past three visits, and I could not be more disgusted with her. She literally spends less than 5 minutes with you, and rolls her eyes and huffs and puffs if you ask questions. What a shame for a first time mom who has questions and concerns about her pregnancy and has to deal with a witchy doctor who won't answer questions and rolls her eyes. I asked what the results of my ultrasound were, and again got an eye roll. I told her to just go and I would talk to another doctor. I said if your too busy you can leave, and I was told "well there's always other patients to see." Well excuse me, I guess I'm not that important. She doesn't even look at your body to see if your ok, I have horrible swelling and she couldn't care less. She won't tell you if your baby has dropped, engaged, nothing. She has this dippy fake personality that is very transparent. I do not appreciate being treated like this, and I won't be going back to this practice. Thank you for making this pregnancy miserable.
I have been going to Dr. Hazel for at least 15+ yrs. I have recommended her to 4 people and they have been going to her for years. I cannot imagine her being rude with a patient. I have had medical issues that she has always addressed. Her bedside manner is exceptional and will take the time to speak with you if you have an issue, I dread the day when she decides to retire. People are entitled to their opinions. However, anybody that I have ever recommended to her had nothing negative to say. The only drawback is for a routine exam you need to schedule 4-5 months in advance. Whether that is the case with new patients I do not know.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Magee Womens Hospital
Dr. Elizabeth W Hazel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth W Hazel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.