Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth R Henke MD
Dr. Elizabeth R Henke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Durham, NC. She has 45 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Henke is affiliated with Duke Regional Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Elizabeth R Henke has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elizabeth R Henke has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth R Henke - Posted on October 21st, 2013
LOVE HER!!! She was recommended to me by one of my doctor's who also is a patient of hers. I know I have the best. She was very thorough, kind and easy to talk to. I am glad that I found her and happy to be her patient!
Best Care in Triangle
Self-verified patient of Dr. Elizabeth R Henke - Posted on May 17th, 2010
Within 10 minutes of meeting Dr. Hencke she was taking me, in her car, to the hospital. I had had a heart attack and needed immediate care. That was 16 years ago. Since then I have continued as her patient through various arrhythmic problems and a valve replacement. She is careful, caring, thoroughly professional and warmly supportive. I continue to trust her with my life, my wife has become her patient, and we have referred several of our own patients to her. All have been impressed with her care.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Henke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
- Welsh National Sch Med
Dr. Elizabeth R Henke Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth R Henke, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Durham, NC, in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth R Henke is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Durham, NC.