The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Elizabeth C Horenkamp
Dr. Elizabeth C Horenkamp, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lancaster, PA. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Horenkamp is affiliated with Lancaster General Hospital. Dr. Horenkamp has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth C Horenkamp has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Elizabeth C Horenkamp has the following 14 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Elizabeth C Horenkamp has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 9
I was a breast cancer patient! 43 years old when diagnosed. No history of breast cancer in my family. Spread to my lymph nodes. Needed chemo and radiation. Dr. Horenkamp was so thorough, kind, compassionate, caring and yet straight forward with the process and treatment plan. I always left her office with all my questions answered, she was very patient and allowed me all the time I needed to process the treatment and follow up visits. I would highly recommend Dr. Horenkamp not just for breast cancer but for any issue one may be facing relating to cancer overall! SHE'S MAGNIFICENT!
Dr. Horenkamp has been my Oncologist for the past three years. She is extremely knowledgeable and she also is very caring. She spends as much time with me as needed especially when I have questions about my treatment. When I hear that someone needs an Oncologist, I always recommend Dr. Horenkamp - she is great!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Horenkamp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
San Antonio Uniformed Services
Dr. Elizabeth C Horenkamp accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHematology Oncology Medical Specialists, 2102 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth C Horenkamp, MD - Hematology and Oncology in Lancaster, PA, in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth C Horenkamp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, PA.