Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth James
Dr. Elizabeth James, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbia, MO, with another office in Columbia, MO. She has 48 years of experience. Her specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Dr. James is affiliated with University of Missouri Hospital & Clinic, Capital Region Medical Center and Columbia Regional Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth James has the following 1 specialty
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
- Respiratory Disorders
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. James is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Missouri Hospital & Clinic
Capital Region Medical Center
Columbia Regional Hospital
Boone Hospital Center
University Hospitals and Clinics
48 Years Experience
University of Missouri at Columbia
Graduated in 1965
Dr. Elizabeth James accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Elizabeth James in this video.
Dr. Elizabeth James is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.