Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth K Kane
Dr. Elizabeth K Kane, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clinton, MD, with another office in Waldorf, MD. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Kane is affiliated with MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth K Kane has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Elizabeth K Kane has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Dr. Elizabeth K Kane has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Elizabeth K Kane is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I was a new patient and my experience was terrible. The staff in the front were not friendly. Somone scheduled my appointment for the wrong time so I had to wait over an hour. Dr Kane's bedside manner is horrible. She appears to be knowlegable about certain things but I can't deal with a dr who can't take the time to explain things to me and be patient with me when I'm asking questions. Now I will give credit to someone on her staff who followed up with me after my visit, a few times so that was a good feeling but it's not enough to make me want to go back. She was a referral but I'll have to find another gyn for a second opinion. Just terrible..smh
Dr. Kane is not a touchy feely doctor. I would say that she is unlikely to hold your hand and cry with you. That said, I like her because she is extremely intelligent. She is great at diagnosing your problem and talking about options for treatments. She can tell you about side effects and help you pick the best options. Since this characteristic is more important to me, I find her to be a great doctor. The office has the same problem as every other doctor's office, they schedule appointments too closely, which causes backups.
The staff is extrememely nice, but Dr. Elizabeth Kane is the worst. I had a follow-up appt from a previous procedure & she told me that I should have read the brochure. It addressed the ques I had. She examine me in less than 3 mins and was on her way out the door when I stopped her to ask ques. She was extremely rude and have terrible bedside manner. She only asked one ques and I didn't understand. When I asked her to repeat, she had an attitude. She didn't even verify the info the nurse had provided. She didn't ask about my complications or concerns. Dr Kane simply responded, take a look at the brochure. I was already very nervous about the procedure and wasn't sure of the after effects. I plan to transfer to another dr.
Dr. Kane is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Elizabeth K Kane accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth K Kane is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clinton, MD.