Dr. Elizabeth Kane Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Kane?

Great bedside manner

Posted on November 14th, 2017

I have been a patient with Dr. Kane for almost 2 years and have had a good relationship and no issues.

Posted on January 13th, 2014

Dr. Kane is the worse MD I ever met. She needs to go back to school for sensitivity. She is rude and unconcern with what her patients is going through. I will never go back to that office again.

Posted on June 11th, 2012

Dr. Kane is not a touchy feely doctor. I would say that she is unlikely to hold your hand and cry with you. That said, I like her because she is extremely intelligent. She is great at diagnosing your problem and talking about options for treatments. She can tell you about side effects and help you pick the best options. Since this characteristic is more important to me, I find her to be a great doctor. The office has the same problem as every other doctor's office, they schedule appointments too closely, which causes backups.

DEFINATELY DO NOT RECOMMEND

Posted on November 23rd, 2011

The staff is extrememely nice, but Dr. Elizabeth Kane is the worst. I had a follow-up appt from a previous procedure & she told me that I should have read the brochure. It addressed the ques I had. She examine me in less than 3 mins and was on her way out the door when I stopped her to ask ques. She was extremely rude and have terrible bedside manner. She only asked one ques and I didn't understand. When I asked her to repeat, she had an attitude. She didn't even verify the info the nurse had provided. She didn't ask about my complications or concerns. Dr Kane simply responded, take a look at the brochure. I was already very nervous about the procedure and wasn't sure of the after effects. I plan to transfer to another dr.

Horrible Bedside Manner

Posted on November 9th, 2011

I had to find a new OBGYN after relocating back to Waldorf. My first encounter with Dr. Kane was for an annual exam. Her bedside manner was okay and she answered questions I had, however it was rushed. A few months later, my Bartholin's cyst began acting up again. I was in the waiting room as soon as the doors opened, and explained my situation. I was told they could squeeze me in and to have a seat in the waiting room. More than an hour later, I was still waiting. Finally, Dr. Kane emerged to speak to me. She was very rude and began snipping at me. She said she would not see me until had an ultrasound. I asked her why, because a Bartholin's cyst is not diagnosed with an ultrasound. It's a glandular abscess visible in the labia that needs to be drained to avoid infection. Because it has been an ongoing problem for almost a decade, I knew she was in error. She then snapped that if I wanted to be seen by her I would get it done and that I would have to come back next week. I immediately walked out, and drove over an hour to my old primary care I had before I moved. When she examined me, she just shook her head and stated she could not believe any medical professional would send me away in my state. She immediately called an OBGYN in her complex that agreed to see me asap. His first question was why was she ordering an ultrasound for a Bartholin's cyst, and his second question was did she even take the time to examine me. The cyst was already to the point of infection, and he stated that if had not seen someone soon, I probably would been in the ER by the weekend. The cyst was drained and I received antibiotics. Thankfully, there are doctors that are knowledgeable and actually listen to their patients.I will pray for Dr. Kane that if she ever has a medical issue, that she is treated with more repect and kindness than she showed me. I would hate for anyone to be treated the way she treated me.

Really Like Dr. E. Kane

Posted on August 23rd, 2011

Dr. Kane is very thorough, knowledgeable, and took the time to explain options for me. I will definitely continue to see her and recommend others.

Needs Retraining in Beside Manner

Posted on September 19th, 2010

Willing to try her a little longer. When have follow-up visit, Dr. Kane was more patient, understanding, and supportive. Dr. Kane can be abrupt, somewhat insensitive, and impatient.

Posted on May 5th, 2010

Dr. Kane needs some training in sensitivity, she is very cold and unconcerned. She spends limted wime servicing you and she rushes through answering questions!!

Posted on January 23rd, 2010

MD ROUGH, HURT me during exam. Blank expression, cold as concrete, did not even attempt to be gentle AT ALL. Never have I been hurt during an exam. BEWARE. I'll never go back

Posted on November 14th, 2017