Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Elizabeth O Hudnall
Dr. Elizabeth O Hudnall, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA, with another office in New Orleans, LA. She has 10 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Hudnall is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner, Merit Health Biloxi Physician and Willis Knighton Pierremont Health Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Elizabeth O Hudnall has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
It sometimes takes a bit of a wait to see Dr. Hudnall (nÃ©e O'Brien), but it doesn't bother me because she simply spends so much time with her patients. She never rushes through an appointment, but takes the time to listen--really listen--to what I have to say, and then carefully considers options for treatment and asks if I am okay with those options before proceeding. It is incredibly refreshing to see a physician who doesn't seem to have an ounce of condescension in them. She is kind and caring while remaining consummately professional, and seems incredibly knowledgeable despite her age (completed residency in 2011), recognizing conditions at first sight that two of my former doctors puzzled over and misdiagnosed for years. She handles even sensitive topics (obesity) and procedures (pap, breast exam) with grace and kindness, offering advice and options that I have found very helpful in becoming more healthy. I never imagined I could feel (mostly) comfortable during a physical, so that's a physician to hold on to! I do not have a single complaint and cannot recommend her highly enough.
Dr. Hudnall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
10 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2008
Ochsner Health System
Dr. Elizabeth O Hudnall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Elizabeth O Hudnall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.