Dr. Elizabeth Landsverk Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Landsverk?

Posted on May 4th, 2013

Dr. L has been treating my Mom for dementia for the almost 4 years. My mother's dementia worsened gradually over the course of several years. When we luckily found Dr. L Mom's world included complete isolation, not easy to accomplish living with two other people in a small three bedroom home, delusions, visual and auditory hallucinations and saddest of all a complete personality change. I was actually excited and relieved when my Mom took a fall and had to be hospitalized thinking that at last my mother would get help. The staff at the hospital treated her cuts and told us yep she has dementia have a nice life. Next I sought help from the various health and social services programs in the area. I was told to agitate my mother to the breaking point then call the police and have her arrested and committed to the county hospital for three day observation ending in a court appearance. I expressed my concern that I believed she had Lewy Body Dementia and that administration of incorrect drugs could be fatal. I also expressed my concern that after all the heartbreak and physical risk of this suggested method my Mom's ability to maintain "Show-time" for up to 20 minutes at a time would have the judge believing she was fine and I would be arrested. Putting us right back where we started in a hopeless situation. I was also told that if I didn't do this for my Mom I was a bad and uncaring daughter. It was at this point that a dear friend recommended I attend a lecture Dr. Landsverk was giving. I attended then chatted with the Dr. after the lecture. We scheduled a visit to our home! Something NO OTHER DOCTOR even my Mom's GP of 20+ years was willing to do! During that visit Dr. Landsverk was patient and understanding with a less than friendly patient. Dr. L is incredibly knowledgeable and creative in ways to get patients the treatment they need. In our case treatment began with a Dr. prescribed termite infestation that finally got my Mom to leave the house and relocate to a memory care unit. Dr. Landsverk 's treatment plan has eliminated my mother's hallucinations, decreased her delusions and allowed her to engage with staff and fellow residents of the memory care facility. My Mom, husband and myself were trapped by my Mother's dementia. In our case it was a disease that was taking all of our lives. Now my mom has the best quality of life her disease will allow. My husband and I have been able thanks to the care of Dr. L and the superb staff of the memory care unit to resume our lives once again. Dr. Landsverk is brilliant and I recommend her with all my heart!

Posted on April 9th, 2013

Dr. Landsverk has taken care of my 88 year old mom for over a year. My mom became wheelchair bound and we were lucky to find Dr. Landsverk who comes to the house. My mom's medicines were making her extremely agitated, she acted like she had dementia, and because her regular physician had tried everything possible to help her, and nothing was working,she was stuck in a state of confusion and depression. Dr. Landsverk worked on getting her medicines right, a process that the Dr. was diligent in, trying different medicines that eventually turned my mom's condition around. My mom's mind is back to normal, her water retention which she suffered with for years, has gone away, and her medicines are under control. One of the things I like about Dr. Landsverk is she is always available,day and night, to answer any questions or just discuss any concerns we have. Dr. Landsverk also was instrumental in coordinating nurses and support people from Pathways. I would highly recommend her.

Absolutely incredible

Posted on October 9th, 2008

Dr. Landsverk is one of the most remarkable physicians I've ever met. She's an expert geriatrician, has incredible bedside manner, is a renowned expert in her field -- and she makes house calls! I cannot thank her enough for the care she gave to my father, who was suffering (we all were) from dementia. She is simply brilliant.

Posted on September 9th, 2017