Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. J E Macdonell has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. MacDonnell is an excellent diagnostician. She saved my life. What more can one want from E.R. Physician when one is in critical condition and pain? I did not rate follow up after visit because I was in the E.R. and this question is not applicable. Dr. MacDonnell was concerned, knowledgeable and professional. The E. R. Staff could learn to follow her lead and respond more quickly and with compassion and attention. The hospital needs to literally and figuratively clean up their act
I am over 60 I have been to an ER over 6 times and less than 10, so I do not qualify as an expert on ER's. But one qualifying factor is that I do try to stay up on medical facts and use sense in my healthcare. My experience with Dr MacDonnell was nothing short of a nightmare. I first of all was quizzed by 3 different healthcare employees (Nurses, DR, ect) on each facet of my health. This includes health history, meds symptoms ect. After the interagation I was verbally attacked by the Dr. on her finding out the pain med that I was on (it was not refered to as a pain medication or 5mg Vicodin it was a NARCOTIC) I guess she can't pronounce Vicodin. She goes on and on about this NARCOTIC and does nothing past what other ER staff had done. I left the ER neauseaed because I wasn't about to ask for neausea meds from a doctor that has a problem about something. I discloses all my meds and dosages on admittance, she just didn't seem to know how to use her database. Oh, by the way I was there for a 7mm kidney stone and my Urologist office sent me to the ER (which she wouldn't contact!
24 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. J E Macdonell accepts the following insurance providers.
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCommunity Hospital Anderson, 1515 N Madison Ave, Anderson, IN
Dr. J E Macdonell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anderson, IN.